The SHAKTI Fluid Bed Processor GMP Model offers an effective and efficient method for drying, granulating & coating. It is invented keeping in mind the latest cGMP norms with all contact parts AISI 316 Quality. By using modular construction and simplified design we provide flexible installation. The Machine is vertical type, Electrical controls Auto Mode, Arrangement for spraying an active ingredient on to the carrier bed for top spraying, Explosion proof and suitable for efficient accurate and uniform drying wet granulated pharmaceutical solid powder at lower temperature.
THE PROCESS – Fluid Bed Processor
It works on the principle of air flow. The process is as follows.
Step 1 : Mixing Dry mixing by fluidizing the material in the machine.
The Fluid Bed system have a bed of solid particles which are fluidized by passing a stream of air upward through a specially designed perforated sheet. The upward velocity of air is so maintained so as to slightly lift the solid particles and set them in motion. This motion can be utilized to bring about mixing as well as forward movement of the solids particles. The air is heated and the process hot air evaporates the fluid and dries the solids. Fines get agglomerated to larger granules particles thus providing large size.
Step 2 : Agglomeration / Granulation with TOP SPRAY
Mixed powder is build up into powder granules. The fluidized powder is wetted with binders using top spray guns (Top spraying system). Solvent or water is used for binders. The moistened granulates are dried using hot air and cooled as required.
TOP-SPRAY / BOTTOM-SPRAY /DRYER insert for processing.
A. AGGLOMERATION / GRANULATION
- Reduce fines / dust.
- Enhance flow ability.
- Eliminate segregation.
- Homogeneous mixture of ingredients.
- Increase bulk density.
- Improve disintegration.
- Improve dissolution.
- Improve compressibility for tablet formation.
This process is used in fluid beds to form granules from a fine powder. The fluidized powder is wetted with binders using top spray guns. Solvent or water is used for binders. The fluidized powder is wetted until liquid bridges are formed between particles Segregation of powder doesn’t take place as different powder is glued together on a micro scale. Since there is no impinging force in fluid bed equipments using hot air. This technology used for formed granules are dust free granules with free flow properties, good dispensability and excellent solubility due to porous structure.
GRANULATION & AGGLOMERATION by TOP SPRAYING SYSTEM:
PALLETS COATING BY BOTTOM SPRAYING SYSTEM (WURSTER COATING):
- Design confirms cGMP Norms.
- Contact parts in SS 316 and non contact parts SS 304.
- Single Pot Technology for mixing, granulating, drying, & blending.
- Yield approaching 100% with negligible handling losses due to single pot concept.
- Replaces a number of conventional machinery, resulting in Substantial Savings in Space, Power, Manpower, Yield and Air conditioning costs.
- Shorter cycle time.
- Ease in Validation.
- Highest Degree of Safety.
- Sampling Port facilitates withdrawal of any number of samples for In-process Quality Control tests, without interrupting the fluidization process.
- Top spaying system with precise flow control peristaltic pump.
- Spraying flow rate controlled by Peristaltic pump manually.
- Spraying nozzle 1 mm size.
- Inlet Air system with filter and electric heater.
- Air flow control by A C Frequency Drive for Exhaust Blower.
- Machine is with emergency stop button.
- Automated filter beg shaking system.
- Sight Glass for process visualization.
- Air pressure controls switch for safety.
- Exhaust air suction turbine blower 90 cfm capacity fitted with 1 hp / 0.75 Kw with single phase power supply.
- All rubber seal made from silicon food grade.
- Easy mechanism to change from process of granulation to coating.
Technical Specifications of SFBP-05-Mini Fluid Bed Processor -0.5 kg – PLC With Top &Bottom Spraying System
|MODEL||SFBP – 0.5|
|Container Volume in Liters||0.5 Liters|
|Batch Capacity in Kg at 0.5 bulk density||100 Grams Min / 300 Gram Max.|
|Drying Temp in ° C||50-60|
|Motor in HP||1 HP/ 3 ph / 50 Hz.|
|Pre Air Flow for inlet air (m³/hrs) ±10%||100 m³/hour – 60 CFM|
|Max. Vacuum||80 MBAR|
|Approx air consumption m³/hour(Air pressure 3 Kg/cm²||23|
|Heating Load Kw For Electric Heated||2 Kw|
|Spraying Nozzle-Top Spray||1 No. with 1 mm size tip.|
|Spraying Nozzle-Bottom Spray||1 No. with 1 mm size tip.|
|Peristaltic Pump||0.25 hp with 4 to 100 ml / min|
|Inlet Air Filter||20 micron|
|Power supply||440 / 220 volts, 3 phase, 50 / 60 Hz.|
|Machine Dimensions||450 x 600 x 1050 mm|
|Wooden Case Dimensions [Outer]||600 x 700 x 1100|
|Net weight||160 Kg|
|Gross weight||290 Kg|
Supporting Utility Required
|1||Electrical Supply 3 Ph Model||3 Phase 4 Wire with Switch plug unit near to Equipment|
|2||Air pressure [If Pneumatics fitted Model]||6 bar|