Basically it consists on main structure which is made from steel SS 304 tube and separate instrument panel box. All main drive related assemblies are covered in to main structure. Complete machine is mounting on Castor wheel.
The new LAB Roll compactor machine is used for dry granulation of pharmaceutical ingredients in pharmaceutical, food as well as chemical industries for densification and granulation of powder. The dry compaction of the powder between two rollers on high pressure for increased bulk density, making granules, dust free processing and reducing packing size.
The material in form of powder passes through the two counter rotating rolls of roller compactor under very high pressure. As the volume decreases through the region of maximum pressure, the material is formed into a solid compact sheet or flakes of ingredients. These flakes or compact sheet of ingredients are reduced in size to obtain the desired grain size. The machine takes extra care to prevent the generation of fine during this process.
- Totally G.M.P, compact design – plain as well as water Jacketed for products which are extremely sensitive.
- Various types of rolls can be offered to suit your specific application so as to achieve maximum bulk density of output eg. (A) Plain (b) corrugated (c) briquette & (d) knurled.
- Specially designed feeding system consisting of hopper predensifier and a variable speed drive unit Safety clutch is provided to prevent any accident.
- Feeding unit can be hydraulically lifted by hand-operated hydraulic pump for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Built-in panel and indicators are provided, on-off, feed screw, main switch, forward/reverse switch RPM indicators for roll and feed screw, emergency stop, digital RPM indicator etc.
- Specially designed scraper is provided to prevent powder sticking on the rolls.
- Design of the equipment is such that minimum lubrication is required in daily maintenance.
- Main roll drive is designed with twin shaft gear box coupled with safety clutch to protect roll drive thereby perfectly synchronizing the rolls with a steady torque.
- The side seal is forced against the roll side, so that the percentage of uncompacted powder that leak is kept extremely low.
- To prevent a possible accident the compacting roll is designed to rotate backward when cleaning.
Technical Specifications of SRC – 100-PLC – LABORATORY SCALE ROLL COMPACTOR GMP – WATER JACKETED MODEL
|Model||GMP – Water Jacketed|
|MMI Touch Screen||Schneider Make|
|ACVF Drive||Schneider Make|
|Working Capacity||1 to 5 Kgs./Hr.|
|Roll Size (MM)||100 Dia x 25 W|
|Roll Force (Max.)||8 ton.|
|Compaction Roll Speed||2-32 RPM Variable Drive|
|Feed Screw Speed||5-95 RPM Variable Drive|
|RPM for Roll & Feed Screw||Digital RPM Meter|
|Water Cooling System||In Charging Hopper & In Rollers|
|Drive Motor – Main Roll||2 HP, 1.5 Kw, 1400 RPM|
|Drive Motor – Feed Screw||1 HP, 0.75 Kw, 1400 RPM|
|Power Supply||415 Volts / 50 Hz / 3 Phase 220 Volts / 60 Hz / 3 Phase|
|Net Weight (Approx.)||375 Kgs.|
|Gross Weight (Approx.)||550 Kgs.|
|Machine Dimensions||712 X 727 X 1380 (HT) MM|
|Case Dimension||1150 X 1150 X 1830 (HT) MM|
PLC Parameters on Touch Screen.This provides a state-of-the-art Control System. Following functions will be performed by PLC system:
- Start – Stop & Speed Controls of Rolls.
- Start – Stop – Speed Controls of Feed Screw.
- Time Selectable – Min/Sec.
- RPM and Counter
- Output Voltage and Frequency with Fault History.
- Recipes and Batch data Management
- Production Alarm Identification.
- Alarm History Management
- Standardize Operational Procedure
- Increase in Productivity, efficiency & reduce product loss.
- Precise Quality Control of the Process.
- Temper Proof data & User-friendly.
- Less Batch Setup Time & Minimize Maintenance Cost.